Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Paisley Stencil + Silks = My Latest Crush

Hello -- Catherine Scanlon back again today for Week 2 of my Guest Design month. Today I'm going to share a new love affair I'm having, but shhhhh don't tell my husband. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure he already knows - if it involves paint and or paper I'm pretty much already head over heels. ha ha.

I'm in love with my new stencils that I've licensed with Art Gone Wild! (a division of Stampers Anonymous) and how they look when I paint the designs with Silks Acrylic Glazes by Splash of Color -- just a little bit of heaven! Being a product designer for Art Gone Wild! is a dream come true -- and the creamy, glittery loveliness of the Silks gives them a gorgeous shimmery loveliness that you just have to try! I think you can see why I'm in love.   

To create this 6 x 8 Journal Page I placed my paisley stencil over a piece of Mixed Media Paper from Strathmore and spritzed it with black spray paint to transfer the paisley design to the paper. You could also use a pencil or permanent marker.

Paisley Journal Page by Catherine Scanlon using Art Gone Wild! Paisley Stencil and Silk Acrylic Glazes

I filled in each area with some repeating patterns using a pencil. 

Paisley Journal Page by Catherine Scanlon using Art Gone Wild! Paisley Stencil and Silk Acrylic Glazes
And added color using the two silks I have -- Apricot Nectar and Pretty Peridot. I also used some watercolor paints, Gelli Pens and colored pencils.

Paisley Journal Page by Catherine Scanlon using Art Gone Wild! Paisley Stencil and Silk Acrylic Glazes

To highlight the repeating patterns that I drew on the paisley design I outlined the colored areas with a permanent black marker. As a final touch I added some journaling about how it feels to be an artist. 

Bottom line, I love the Silks -- they dry permanent - work like watercolor paints but have a lovely transparent shimmeryness that you will fall in love with too -- and what's not to love with a paisley design??!!

THANKS for stopping by today! Kim is expecting my entire line of stamps and stencils in the shop in the near future! 

See you next week!

9 comments:

Gery said...

Wow, this really looks like the work of a real artist!!!
Those colours, those patterns!!!!!!
Fabulous page and great artwork.
Groetjes Gery

Kim said...

Stunning, Catherine!!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Catherine...truly beautiful and so full of life....love it!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxxo

toni said...

Lovely colourful work full of energy! Just had a look at your stencils and they're fabulous ! X

Karen said...

That is Amazing!!! Those colors are SO vivid . . . oh, I think I need some silks . . .

Rea' said...

So pretty, such fun patterns !

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, these are your stencils?! Sign me up for some when Kim starts carrying them! Amazing!!!! Love how you colored everything w/ the acrylic glazes!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Beautifully vibrant!

Lucy x

Dolly LaBelle said...

Stunning, bright colors. I love the words too, so true! A work of art.