Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Candy Cane Christmas!

Hello there!  Today it's Erin here with you, and I decided to make a Christmas card!  My first for the year!  I'm trying to come up w/ a few designs to create for my family and friends this Christmas season.  This will be one of many!  Haha!

I recently picked up the Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprints 3, and wanted to try them out!  Oh my gosh, are those stamps cute!!!!  And the gingerbread man and house are detail oriented!  It's a Copic lover's dream to color!  :D  This candy cane was fun to color as well!  I'm still getting the hang of blending colors together, but I think it came out ok!  Tell me what you think!























This card literally took minutes to create!  Which is good for when you're making TONS of cards!!!
All the paper that you see here, minus the card base and the c/s that the candy cane was stamped on, is from the Merry Little Christmas 6" x 6" stack by Fancy Pants!  The papers inside are to die for!  They are SO fun and so merry!  LOL!  I can't wait to rip into this paper again!!!

The green paper chevrons are a mimicky tribute to the Christmas tree.
The buttons are all from my stash.
I used assorted copics to create the color scheme for the candy cane.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great day and good luck with your handmade Christmas cards if you decide to tackle that particular holiday obstacle! 
~Erin

10 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Erin, LOVE your card and the papers and your coloring! THX for the inspiration!

toni said...

Love your card! The way you have coloured the candy cane is fabulous great layering with the paper and chevrons very clever xx

Kim said...

Adorable, Erin! I don't think I've seen anyone use this set yet and I LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

I think you did an amazing job on the candy cane!! I love the layers and colors! I might make some cards tomorrow . . .

JulesinParadise said...

Erin, lovely card and such vibrant colors.

Andiepants said...

Adorable card. You are the card queen doll!!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Erin, this card makes me happy just looking at it. Your colouring is wonderful and I love those papers...how fun. If this is your first Christmas card, then you are still ahead of me...lol.

Micki said...

You colored that candy cane perfectly. Red is such a hard color (for me)to create depth and blending. You did great!!!!! Love this card and love the little pop of green.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous, Erin!

Lucy x

Tracy said...

Oh its begining to look a lot like christmas Erin....your coloring looks brilliant Erin...love your card!!
Big hugs
Tracy xxx