Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 17, 2014

Create Art

Hey, it's me (Kim) again...and I'm late again and posting an older project, which I hope I haven't previously posted! LOL!  This is a project that I created to use as a make 'in take when we opened the studio (have you been down to visit us yet, if you're local?  Would love to have you stop by if you live in the NH, MA, or ME areas!)  This tag was really easy and fun to create so let's get started!
I started by using Art Anthology ink sprays.  If you haven't used these yet or think that they're just like any other spray...think again!  I LOVE this new product.  The colors are soft and all coordinate so well together...and the best part?  They react like Distress Inks!  Think of these babies like Distress Ink in a liquid...amazing!  You can move the color around with water and it reacts with water...that's right, water drops, picking up colors from a craft sheet, all possible with these sprays.  Awesome!  (See those fun drops at the top of my tag?  Achieved by drying the ink and then pick up more from the craft sheet!)
 Next, I used a few coordinating colors to add stenciled designs to the tag. I keep the background stencils fairly light so it wouldn't interfere too much with the face.  (Product links at the end of the post)
Here's the tag after adding the two stencil designs (and check out those water drips...fabulous!  That was achieved by adding water after the sprays were dry...Distress Ink in a can!)
 Next I grabbed one of my face stamps...Look at the size of that baby!  It's perfect for art journaling but I wanted to try my hand at using just a portion of the face on my tag.  Be sure to use Archival Ink when stamping images on backgrounds.
And here's the result!  Whoa, mama, isn't that amazing!  Looks like I drew it, which is even more exciting because I didn't need to draw (and never could have done this well!), Donna did it all for me!  (Don't you love how she has the word artist in her hair - over on the left.)
I add some color to the face, I used Gelatos.  I put a bit of color down and then used my finger to blend.  I love the addition of the color...even though there's still a strong yellow color to the tag, the eyes, lips, and checks really pop out.  So much fun!  I used a Catherine Scanlon stamp for the sentiment and a white gel pen to outline the word artist.

Enjoy today's post and find some time today to make art!!

Supply List:
#8 Manila Tags
Gelatos (Neutral& 50's Diner)
Unity Stamps (She Is)
Journal Words (Catherine Scanlon)
Classic Words Stencil (Wendy Vecchi)
Burlap Layering Stencil (Tim Holtz)
Art Anthology Sprays (Timeless and Guacamole)
Distress Inks
Archival Ink (Jet Black)

7 comments:

Julie S said...

Great face stamp!! I don't know if you shared it before but it was definitely worth another go if you did. Lovely tag.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the partial stamping of the face - she looks fabulous, and the colours are amazing.
Alison x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this face and your steps, Kim! LOVE the words and the gelatos!

Unknown said...

Add that stamp to my list of things I 'need' to get!! love the colors!

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I Love it! It looks like Michael Jackson! Well, after all his surgeries :o) Love your color choice! This is awesome:o)

Dolly LaBelle said...

I love that face stamp. Usually they aren't so "natural" looking. Great tag, with nice colors.

Micki said...

Uuhhhhh, now I have to have these sprays and that face stamp..... totally love how that turned out. (enabler, lo :-) )