Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Story of Millie and Molly's Trip to Paris


It's Paulette here today with my creations for Week Three as Guest Designer.  I've written a short scenario to accompany my projects today.
  The story begins in 1922 when our two fashionistas, Molly and Millie, see this poster in their local hat shop.


The ladies are always fashion trendsetters and decide to attend the Spring Millinery Show in Paris on February 15, 1923.  They buy two tickets for the fashion show.  For all the shopping they intend to do, the ladies are taking a BIG purse full of money.  This little altered purse I created memorializes their epic shopping adventure.


And now to explain my creative process:  The project was inspired by a Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad called "Couture" and by this mini purse I picked up for $1 at a local thrift store.  

I fussy cut all the ladies, the tickets and sentiments from the G45 paper with my Cutter Bee scissors and darkened the edges with a black Pitt pen.  The two fans were cut from the G45 paper with a Die-namics rosette die.  Behind the three ladies on the right is a blue scalloped oval cut from the G45 paper pack with a Spellbinders die.  Before the paper was released from the die, I darkened the edges on the inner rim of the die with Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Ink using an Inkssentials Foam Replacement Pad.  The black satin bow with rhinestone button is a repurposed shoe bow.  The Eiffel Tower is a repurposed earring.  Molly, fashionista on the left, is wearing gold rhinestone earrings.  The other three embellishments are by Recollections.  

The poster I created is actually an ATC for a Pick-a-Theme Swap over on Splitcoaststampers.  My swapmate requested Vintage Hats as her theme.  This ATC also uses papers from the beautiful "Couture" paper pad.  Background paper is a red dotted swiss by Bazzill.  The ticket was fussy cut and its edges were darkened with a black Pitt pen.  I fashioned the flower on the hat with a Punch Bunch hydrangea flower punch.  I added dimension using a mousepad and an embossing stylus.  The center is a gold rhinestone star.  Red rhinestones were added to the hat, dress, and used as earrings.  Tiny gold corner stickers and a strip of red metal trim resembling the metal fabric mesh used in Whiting and Davis purses complete the design.

Thanks for stopping by...Paulette




7 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful upcycle Paulette and I loved reading the story behind it!
Big hugs
Tracy
Xxx

toni said...

Wow Paulette! I was looking forward to seeing more from these ladies and you have certainly delivered! Lovely work and love how you used your bag as a creative springboard xx

Unknown said...

Love your projects and the wonderful story you put with it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Nancy said...

This is so gorgeous :) I love the rhinestone earrings!

Rea' said...

What a fabulous idea ! Love those Thrift store finds. Love the creative way you've shared the story... Thank you for the inspiration !

Micki said...

Awesome Trash to Treasure!!!! Love those colors and fussy cutting is kind of relaxing, isn't it! Love your projects!!!!

Andiepants said...

Adorable scenario! I love your altered purse and the ladies are just GORGEOUS!!