Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 21, 2014

A Little Spring in Your Step!

I am so excited that spring is almost here!! I can't wait to work at my art desk and stare out at green trees and grass instead of boring brown and gray!  Here is a little happy bunny picture that I made - I mean what doesn't say spring more than cute bunnies and bunting flags!!


"Begin each day with a little courage, a little curiosity, and a little spring in your step!"


I always start off with my sketchbook.  I knew I wanted a bunny, I just didn't know what type to draw.



For Christmas my mom gave me a box of pieces of wood 'canvas' pieces! I must be really easy to please because this was one of the best Christmas presents!!   I used one of these wood pieces as my base.  I took some teal paint and mixed it with white and covered the whole piece with the teal/white mix.  Then I used the Chevron Grunge stencil with just teal to create my background!







Next I took out the Simple Stories Daily Grind Paper.  I cut out the triangles for bunting and tore the green for the grass.  I used gel medium and glued all the pieces down. 



After the paper was dry I took my Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and made little circles with my fingers.  After the paste dried I painted it with coordinating colors!  Love how the embossing paste gives me some texture to my project!


I printed out a little saying, "Begin each day with a little courage, a little curiosity, and a little spring in your step!"  Then I doodled and used some rub-ons to finish the project!! 


 I hope you all have a very happy day and a wonderful weekend!!  Thank you SO much for stopping by the Eclectic Paperie today! Make sure to check out all the wonderful products that I used for this project!
-Karen

4 comments:

toni said...

How lovely to feast my eyes upon this on a bright sunny morning here in the UK. A perfect match , love your little bunny surrounded by a wonderful colourful background . I hope you will use the cool bunny with the glasses for a future project ! Lovely work Karen have a fab weekend ! X

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that sentiment, your CUTE bunny, and those FAB banners!

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG, how FUN is this?!!! I love the cute little scene with the bunny and banners, and love seeing how you made the background!

Tracy said...

Wheeeeeee another beauty Karen from sketch to finished ART!!!!
You are inspirational my friend...love it.
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox