Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Inspired by Nature


Hello again, it's Lisa S here with my last project as eP's April guest designer. They say time flies when you're having fun and it certainly does. I'm sharing a web passwords book this week that features two of the pretty papers in the Nature Walk collection by 7 Dots Studio. Every week Kim has introduced new products in the online store and I couldn't resist playing with these. Another favorite of mine is the line of Crafty Individuals stamps she offers and I've used one on the front cover. 

Here's how it all came together...


I cut two pieces of black cardstock


I used Gray Day and Musical Blooms from the Nature Walk collection. It pained me to tear the pretty paper but I wanted both on my cover so I did it. I inked the torn edge with Weathered Wood Distress Stain and stamped Tall Wildflowers in Wendy Vecchi's Cornflower Blue Archival ink.I added a small fancy flourish stamp by Tim Holtz which I stamped in another shade of Wendy's designer series inks, Tree Branch


This is such a pretty stamp by Crafty Individuals. They do come unmounted so you will need to use EZ Mount Static Cling Mounting Foam to adhere them to. 


Next up I added some textured script with Wendy's white embossing paste and TCW Mini Art Is 6x6 stencil. I applied it directly to the Gray Day paper and dried it with a heat tool. I rubbed cornflower blue ink over some of the areas to highlight the text and add some color. 


You might can see that I have my letters on a piece of acetate and the reason is I like to be able to see the placement of the letters before I adhere them to the paper. Also, I can alter them without worrying about getting something on my paper that I don't want there. ;) 


 The kraft sticker alpha's were easily altered with Cornflower Blue, Forget-Me-Not and Tree Branch Archival ink plus Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber


For a bright spot I added a fun Blossom Bucket-Bumblebee by Studio 490.


This is a download I purchased but you can easily make your own in Word or another editing program. This book is 8.5" x 11" and as you can see I can store a lot of passwords in it. :) 



It has been fun to be here with all of you as eP's guest designer this month.
I've had a blast!
Thanks again Bonnie and Kim for the invite!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Lisa xx   

8 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a joy of a creation, Lisa - I love the natural colour palette, and the stamped flowers in that soft blue are beautiful. Great lettering too... What a fab month's worth of Guest Designing!
Alison x

Desire Fourie said...

An awesome creative way to keep one from guessing one's passwords.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julia Aston said...

Love the design of this wonderful cover Lisa - the torn paper adds great texture - as well as the painted letters - and we all sure need a book to keep our hundreds of passwords in, don't we!! Thanks so much for inspiring us all month!

Rea' said...

Awesome idea ! Love the colors you used... and the letters are awesome too !

Broni said...

Beautifully done, Lisa! I definitely need to make one of these!

krcmasterpiece said...

I love what you did to the black cardstock! The whole project is wonderful!

Pia S said...

What a great project, Lisa! I think everybody needs a book for passwords these days...

mamablitger said...

Lisa your Password book is marvelous. Love the design, the papers, the stamps. I like that you kept it relatively simple. Not too crowded... Lol
Thank you for sharing your lovely art !!
Hugs from SPAIN