Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 1, 2014

ePlay challenge: Get Stenciled!


Welcome to the May ePlay Challenge. Our challenges are about encouraging you to explore your creative journey and inspiring you to step outside of your comfort zone.  When you submit your artwork, share a unique card, scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, home décor project, or anything that you’re excited to share!  We’re looking forward to crafting with you! One project will be chosen at the end of this month-long challenge and will be awarded a $25 shop voucher for the eclectic Paperie store. It just might be you!

Hi there ePer's!  I hope this post finds you well on this beautiful first day of May!
Today we are challenging you with stencils for the ePlay challenge!  What can YOU do with stencils?!  I can't wait to see!!!

I had a whole 3-D project of new and innovative ways to use stencils almost finished, when it collapsed, and I had to start over. Perhaps I went too over the top and outside the box!  I resorted to a journal page instead! One of the things that I had created were actual people from the Fred and Lottie stencils!  Simply draw their silhouette with a pencil and using colored pencils or Copics, you can create a one of a kind outfit for them!  Cut it out and now you have a paper doll!  I always color the backs of them as well, so that they aren't one-dimensional!

Stencils are such a fun use for your projects!  They are so versatile and can be used in your scrapbook pages, art journals, on your cards, on your mixed media, and even more drastic and fun: on your walls, furniture, or doors!  I want to see what you can do with them!  Take your stencils out and turn them upside down.  Look at them in a new light and see if you get new innovative ways in which they can be used!

Here are my journal pages that I created for you!
















To create the background, I sprayed my Right page with water, and then, with Dylusions inks: Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, and Vibrant Turquoise in the middle.  I pressed my Right page to my Left to create a mirrored image!

Then, I took my paper towel roll and picked up any loose ink.  It created a ghost effect all on its own!
I laid a dragonfly stencil down, and sprayed water over it, lifted it up, turned it over and pressed it to the other side of the paper.  This is called ghosting!






















I took my Rubberbands Balzer Bits stencil, and sprayed it with Calypso Teal and used it like a stamp, and stamped it on my pages!

I laid my Balzer Bits Butterfly in the bottom corner, and sprayed on top of that w/ Crushed Grape.

I used one of the Dylusions's stamp sets: Around the Edge (and some old Tim Holtz stamps) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and no block!  I wanted it willy nilly, so I inked it but stamped it holding it in my hand!

To create the bubbles, I used the Petri Dish stencil and using my Faber-Castell pens, I created the bubbles.  I went back in with my Big Brush Black Marker by Faber-Castell and created the light with my Big Brush White Marker by Faber-Castell.






















The green dots on the left page were created by spraying directly onto the stamp with Dirty Martini and then stamping, again without a block!  Very cool effect!

I hope that this is inspirational for you and can get your mind hopping in different ways to use YOUR stencils!
Join us for this awesome challenge!!!!

Have a great day!
Erin


4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what bright and colorful pages you created with your plethora of stencils - a delightful background - brings joy to the eye!

Andiepants said...

So colorful and vibrant! Thank you for such an awesome challenge and wonderful inspiration.

Broni said...

This is so neat, Erin! I love that you inked up stencils and used them as stamps!! Too cool! I hope to get something done for the challenge soo!!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of inking up stencils too Erin. Terrific art journal spread. xx