Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

a sad goodbye

Hi Guys! Karen here with you again today ( finally, thanks to some technical difficulties.. ugh )  for what is my last guest Dt post here with your at Eclectic Paperie.. I have to say I have had a wonderful time here the last month, sharing inspiration with you all ( I hope you've enjoyed it too! ) I have to admit I'm feeling a little sad that its over.
 
I want to say a very big thank you to Kim and Bonnie for giving me this extremely wonderful opportunity! It really has been a pleasure, and I can not begin to thank you enough.
 
So I thought for this post I would share with you the first tag I have made to put inside my worn book cover tag journal from last week. 
 
I've once again used some of the gorgeous Wallflower paper Stash from Tim Holtz .. this really is such a gorgeous set of papers.
 
I've keep this tag really simple, because I wanted the message to be the most important thing..
I started with my tag base, added in a  left over flower from my assemblage clock, a bow made from crinkle ribbon coloured with distress stain,
 a bauble and stitched and inked around the edges of the smaller piece of paper that I layered onto my tag base..
 
 
I then cut out the last butterfly I had left from one of the sheets from the wallflower paper stash inked the edges with distress ink. I then chose my sentiment from chitchat stickers and inked the edges, once again with distress ink. The colours I've used throughout the tag  are Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain. I then mounted them all using some mounting foam, and I was done. See I told you., nice and simple, but I really love how it has turned out. Just goes to show you, sometimes less really is more!

 
It's now ready to pop into a tag page pocket and put into my worn book cover
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I've really enjoyed being here.. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week..  I hope I might even see you pop on over for a
 visit to my blog sometime soon!
 
Until we meet again,
Happy Creating..
Karen xx


 

9 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

WOW Karen! Vintage perfection here - this is so incredibly elegant! What a way to sign off. Jenny x

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT colors! You really created such an outstanding piece = )

Rea' said...

Beautiful, love the colors that bow is gorgeous !

toni said...

Fabulous tag! Love the colours and the fabulous flower and ribbon . You've been a great guest designer Karen x

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful. love the vintage effect.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely soft coloring on this beautiful tag Karen! love that bow and the butterflies! Thanks for all the wonderful projects you shared as this month's Guest Designer!

mamablitger said...

Karen what a pretty tag. Wow like the color combo so much. You made it look so elegant !!!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from Monica.. Spain

Micki said...

Love the vintage, romantic feel. It is beautiful!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful, elegant and a timeless treasure!!!!!

Andiepants said...

Your creations have been gorgeous. thank you so much for guest designing for eP Karen. You have been a wonderful inspiration.